Wedding Table Favours – Popular Ideas Your Guests Would Love
Looking for ideas on what to include in your wedding favour bags? This guide is a helpful resource for couples who want to make their guests feel really special. Find out what are the best wedding favour ideas you can use to make your own unique table favours, and browse our curated list of some popular items that can be included in the favour bags so you can make an inspired choice. We have also included some helpful tips on how to go about choosing what kind of wedding favours will suit your guest’s needs best.
Wedding Favours Guide
What are wedding favours
Wedding favours are small gift items or presents that the bride and groom give to their guests at the wedding ceremony or reception party.
Why give wedding favours
Wedding guests receive these little gifts for attending your celebration. They are souvenirs that invitees can take them home to remember your special day.
Who receives wedding favours
Wedding favours are for all your guests, whether they are couples or singles, children or adults, so that everybody gets them as a “thank you” for their participation on your big day.
What do wedding favours contain
Wedding gifts typically include a thank you card, gift certificates, sweets or flowers, and other small treats that guests can take home with them, but you can go as creative as you wish with your gifts – they can be anything from little pouches of candy, to cards with the couple’s picture on them, to little jars of jelly beans. Many people are opting for personalised wedding favours that their guests will love as it is a great way to highlight your appreciation for their participation on your big day.
How to choose wedding favours
Here are a few questions that would make the whole process easier for you in helping you make up your mind about what wedding favours you should give to your wedding guests:
- Think about the theme of your wedding – does it have a specific colour scheme, or are you looking for something more personal for each of the guests?
- When choosing what type of favour to give out, do you want it to be edible or decorative?
- Do you want to give out something for the kids, or just adults only?
- When is your wedding date – would you like to give a seasonal wedding favour? If it is a summer wedding maybe you would like to give them a lovely keepsake that they will use throughout the summer, like a hat or sunglasses.
- What is your budget for wedding favours – do you want to spend a lot of money or would something cheaper suit your budget better?
- How many guests will be attending your wedding venue? Could you scale gifts by getting something that would fit any gender and age, or you would like to personalise each favour?
- Is your wedding a destination or local affair – this will affect what type of favour you want to give out? For instance if it is a beach wedding, maybe you’d like to give your guests sunscreen protection, or flip-flops?
Wedding Favour Ideas on a Budget
Weddings can be a very expensive affair for most people, especially if you are on a tight budget. So instead of aiming for fabulous favours why not make the guests feel special at their wedding tables with a unique and thoughtful wedding favour following our next tips?
If you are looking for ideas on a budget, you can go with favours that are edible and affordable. Candy is the perfect choice as it is inexpensive, and guests will love to take home some of your favourite sweets. Sugar cookies are another option that is not only an inexpensive wedding favours idea, but they can also be personalised with the bride and groom’s names on them.
Cheap wedding favours
Some people have a lot of money to spend on wedding favours, while others are more cost conscious. If you’re in the latter group and looking for cheap ways to add some fun into your wedding, why not try these?
- Handpicked flowers bouquet with a printed selfie and a “Thank you” hand written message
- Mints with a personalised label, such as “Your Mates” or “You’re our favourite guest”
- Heart shaped chocolates with a personalised label, such as “Love” or “Bride’s Besties”
- Popcorn tins with your favourite lyrics to symbolise your union that they can take home an use it as decoration
Cool wedding favours
Some popular wedding favours that are fun, inexpensive, and would definitely make your guests smile. Cool wedding table gifts are perfect for a friends or family member’s wedding. If you’re looking for something unique and memorable as a favour, why not try these?
- playing cards
- glass charms
- fridge magnets
- bottle opener
- scratch cards
- bath bomb
- shot glasses
- photo frames
DIY Wedding Favour Ideas
The little details are the ones that make a wedding memorable, even more so when you have made them yourself! Especially if you have opted for a DIY wedding venue where you have all the creative space you always wanted to plan things your way precisely!
Often times it is not about how much you invest in a wedding favour for it to be appreciated, but the effort you put into making each wedding participant feel special. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to make your guests happy with these DIY wedding favours, you just need a good idea and the love for arts and crafts. Here are some DIY wedding gifts are not only practical for everyday use, but fun to make, too:
- customised tote bags filled with goodies
- hand painted personalised coffee cups or mugs
- handmade soaps in various scents
- a framed photo collage
- small paintings
- mini plants
- bath salt jars
- homemade jam
- homemade pickles
- personalised fortune cookies
Elegant Wedding Favour Ideas
Everyone loves a good wedding favour. It’s the little gift that reminds your guests of you and how much it means to you that they have attended your ceremony. But not every guest will go home with a box of chocolates or a bottle of wine. That’s why there are so many different types of wedding favours to choose from! An elegant wedding favour can be a small token like an ornament, a piece of jewellery or even something as simple as a handcrafted picture frame. All these gifts are special and thoughtful ways to say “thank you” to your guests. Here are a few ideas to inspire you, on various themes.
Edible Wedding Favours
It is traditional for people to bring a gift to the wedding reception. This usually means something edible such as cake, candy or cookies. If you would like guests to take home their own treat, though, there are plenty of other options. Fruit is a great choice for an edible wedding favour because it does not require refrigeration and fruit goes well with cake at the reception. Fortune cookies is another idea, as guests will enjoy reading their fortune and then eating the cookie. Here’s what else you could give them:
- peanut butter
- a box of sweets
- sugared almonds
Seasonal Wedding Favours
Seasonal wedding favours can be the perfect reminder of your wedding atmosphere, whether it be an outdoor wedding in the summer, or a cozy winter ceremony. The number one tip is to be creative with your favours, or you can purchase them from a store. A few ideas are:
- pine cones for an autumn rustic wedding
- mince pies with ribbon bows for a winter wedding
- champagne glasses for an outdoorsy summer fair
- rosemary for a winter wedding
- lavender and thyme for an outdoor summer ceremony
- seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Christmas sweets for a Christmas wedding
- heart shaped sunglasses for a beach wedding
Beach Wedding Favour Ideas
Speaking of beach themed wedding favours, this is the moment for you to get more creative and have a lot of fun. There are so many ways in which you can have your guests remember this beautiful day with something that has to do with the theme and location where the wedding was held – it is a great thing to thank them for all the love and time they have invested in coming to your big day. Anything related to waves, the sun, sand, and wind will serve just right.
There are lots of favours you can give out at a beach themed wedding, but there are some that stand out more than others. You may want to consider the following ideas:
- box of seashells
- sunblock with the bride and groom’s logo on it
- a miniature inflatable beach ball
- a sandcastle sculpture
- sherbet and popsicles
- sun glasses
- beach-themed candy
- a seashell on a bracelet or necklace
- beach themed keychain
- beach themed coasters
Personalised & Unique Wedding Favour Ideas
Personalised wedding favours are one of the hottest new trends in weddings. Everybody likes to receive a personalised gift because it shows that you took the time to think of them and make sure they get something that they would really like. The idea is for your guests to walk away from the wedding with a gift, but it’s more than just a token gesture. It’s about making them feel special and taking the time to acknowledge their presence at your wedding. Guests will be delighted to receive something that is customised to their tastes and style. The idea is for your guests to walk away from the wedding with a gift, but it’s also a fantastic reminder of your special day. Here are a few ideas for personalised and unique wedding favours for men, women, and children.
Wedding Favours for Women
Women like to receive gifts such as perfume, jewellery, scarves, flowers, purses and home decoration items. You can also made the gifts to match the theme of your wedding. Here are a few ideas for personalised wedding favours the your feminine guests will appreciate:
- Make-up kit with their name on it
- Personalised wine charms
- Monogrammed handkerchiefs
- Embroidered tea towels
- Personalised purse mirror
- Engraved candle holder
- Personalised photo frame or even a canvas
- Flowers bouquet that matches your wedding theme
Male Wedding Favour Ideas
Men like gifts, but it is the thought that counts, especially if it is personalised with their name on it.
- Cufflinks, ties that are made with their initials
- Engraved wrist or pocket watches
- Printing their favourite photo on canvas
- Their favourite cocktail mix
- Personalised cards holder
- Personalised mug
- Handy man tools box
- Engraved whiskey glass
- Personalised pen
Children’s Wedding Favour Ideas
For children it is easier to make gifts because they get excited about the simplest things like a jar of marbles, picture frame or their favourite toy. Here are a few ideas:
- Personalised tiara for girls and a personalised cape for boys
- Drawings of themselves and the bride or groom on a paper or printed on canvas
- Small toys or figurines that they like
- Box of sweets or their favourite chocolate
- Blowing bubbles with their name on it
- Drawing sets
- Finger puppets
- Personalised yoyo
- Slime set
Wedding Favours Planning
Wedding favours are a fun way to show your guests that you care. They’re also a great way for the bride and groom to send their love out into the world after they finish tying the knot. Now that you have a few good ideas to inspire you to put together the best wedding favours for your guests, it’s time to start brainstorming with your partner and get creative!