Wedding Table Quiz Questions & Bride and Groom Trivia to Keep Your Guests Entertained
The best way to make sure your wedding guests are having a great time is to give them something to do, engaging them in meaningful activities. Kick-off with some offbeat games to make your wedding truly memorable with this guide on wedding table quizzes and trivia challenges.
In this article, you will find out how you can benefit by including these games in your wedding planning to keep your guests busy and make sure everybody is entertained. You’ll also discover suggestions and the inspiration you need to personalise a wedding table quiz that will make your invitees giggle with delight.
Since it is such an important event, you don’t have to make a quiz night all about trivia. You can also include questions about the newlyweds and fun meddling questions that will have your guests laughing and forgetting the time while creating new and meaningful bonds.
All You Need to Know About Wedding Quizzes and Trivia Games
What are Wedding Quizzes and Trivia Games
Wedding quizzes are typically a list of questions you can ask your fellows at the wedding reception. Wedding trivia games are similar, with the added competitive element in answering questions on a particular topic. These games are usually designed based on the couple’s relationship, interests, hobbies, but they can also be about specific subjects or general knowledge.
Why You Should Host Trivia and Quizzes at Your Wedding
Hosting trivia and quiz games is an enjoyable activity that helps your guests get to know each other better, creates meaningful connections, and helps maintain a great atmosphere throughout your wedding. It can be a great way to charm your guests, stirring their interest, while also getting some insight into their relationship with the bride and groom. Wedding games make your celebration a more personal and memorable experience for all guests by bringing a lot of joy and laughter, so there is no reason why you shouldn’t include them in your schedule for a unique wedding experience.
How to Host a Wedding Trivia Game
You don’t have to be a good storyteller to be able to tell great wedding trivia stories, you just need to think of the perfect way to put your trivia together. The best trivia questions will be questions that your guests can relate to and make them laugh. You can include questions about the couple’s first holiday, ask guests to guess when their first kiss took place or when they first saw each other in a romantic setting.
It’s easy to be creative when you’re using questions that you already know your guests are familiar with. For example: “Can you name a song your partner loves?” or “When was your first kiss?” or “What was your first job?” If you want to personalise your trivia, you can use photos to inspire you to come up with the right questions for your close friends and family.
Don’t forget the rules of engagement! Make sure to have a clear set of rules that everyone agrees to before the game starts. All guests should be told what to expect in advance. A quiz master is needed to keep things moving along. Equally important is having a way to measure their success. You can make it easy for guests to participate by providing them with answer sheets, and they can choose to share them at the end of the game or not. The answers are not as important as the fun of discovering the trivia, and that is why these quizzes are so successful!
You can start planning your wedding quiz questions by answering the queries below:
- When is the best time for a quiz game?
- Who will host?
- How will it work?
- Who is playing?
- How long does the quiz last?
- What questions do you include?
- Do you give the right answers?
- Is there a winner?
- What is the prize?
What is the Right Time for Wedding Games
Wedding trivia is perfect for a bridal party shower or as a wedding icebreaker, easing up the atmosphere after presentations and monotonous dinner speeches that usually leave people emotionally drained. You can also host it during cocktail hour, at the table, or have the MC ask random questions throughout the night for an added element of surprise and spontaneity.
What is the Bride and Groom Trivia?
The married couple usually have a lot on their plate during their special day, so it’s important to keep things light. The bride and groom trivia quiz is an easy way for guests to get involved with the festivities at your wedding reception. Just make sure you don’t overdo questions or they might not want to play anymore!
Bride and groom trivia can be played by two or more people. The purpose of the game is to find out who knows the most wedding-related trivia about the bride, the husband to be, their relationship, their family, and other wedding-related events. These are not typical trivia, but questions that will definitely put a smile on everybody’s faces.
Bride and groom trivia is also a fun way to engage couples at the reception and challenge them to discover more about themselves. The questions are about their significant other, which creates genuine laughter and sets up the right wedding atmosphere.
This can be used for bridal showers or bachelor parties as well, as an easy strategy to maintain your guests amused all night long!
Themed Wedding Quizzes and Trivia Questions
Here are some examples of wedding quizzes and trivia questions that you can include in your wedding program. You can personalise them or use them as inspiration to create your own questions that best resonate with your guests to get the game started.
Bride and Groom Trivia Questions
- Who is worse at keeping secrets?
- Who cries most easily?
- Who cracks the lamest jokes?
- Who is worst with directions?
- What is one weird habit of the bride?
- What is one weird habit of the groom?
- Who is the messier one?
- Who is the better driver?
- Who gets angry most often
- Who is the boss in the relationship?
- Who takes longer to get ready?
- Who is more outgoing?
Get to Know Wedding Quiz Questions
- What is one of your favourite movies?
- What is your favourite sports team?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your favourite food?
- What is your most memorable day?
- What is your favourite season?
- How can you describe yourself in three words?
- How do you know the bride?
- How do you know the groom?
- How long have you been together?
- How long have you been married?
- How did you meet?
- What is your favourite joke?
- Can you name one thing you love about the bride?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- How did you meet?
- What is the first thing that you liked about your partner?
- What is the most interesting date you went on?
- What was the first party you have had?
- What is the best present you have received?
- What was your first impression of your partner?
- What did you wear on your first date?
- Where did you go on the first date?
- Where was your first holiday together?
- What did you do on your first anniversary?
- When did you meet their family?
- What did you think of their family and friends?
- When and how did you meet the bride and groom?
- What do you think of them at first?
- What is the most embarrassing moment of your first date?
- Where did the first kiss happen?
- What is the first film you have watched together?
- Where did you have for your first meal on your first date?
- Who is a better cook?
- How many dates you have had before saying “I love you”?
- Who says “I love you” most often?
- What are you most likely to argue about?
- When did you have your first fight?
- What was your favourite part of dating?
- What is the most annoying habit you find in your partner?
- How many children would you like to have?
- What are the most interesting facts you like about your partner?
- Who always gets the last word?
- Who is usually the first to say “I’m sorry”?
- Who’s more likely to start a fight?
- Who takes the longest to get ready?
- Who is the better singer?
- Who takes best quality pictures?
- What is the strangest place you went together?
- Who snores louder?
- Who is the pickiest eater?
- Who does the most housework?
- Who takes up the most room in bed?
- Who is more stubborn?
- Who is better at saving money?
- How many children do you have or would like to have?
- Did you ever take a relationship break?
- What is the first gift you have given each other?
- What is the most annoying habit your partner has?
Traditional Wedding Trivia
- The ringing of church bells was said to have the power to do what?
- The bride stands on left or right side of altar?
- Custom to give the bride a horseshoe ‘to retain what?’
- Traditions of bride’s mother or groom’s mother sitting next to groom’s father at top table?
- Who makes the first speech?
- In the Church of England, what must be read before a wedding ceremony?
- In the words of Frank Sinatra, Love and Marriage go together like a what?
- What is the official title of popular bridal march ‘Here Comes the Bride’?
- Groom carries the bride over what?
- What is the traditional kiss on the lips for the groom?
- Before the groom proposes, who should he ask permission from?
- How is the holiday after wedding called?
- Who pays for the wedding?
- What is the first dance called?
- What is a matron of honour?
- Traditionally, who says their vows first, the bride or groom?
- Woman who catches bridal bouquet is said to be what?
- What tier is traditionally kept for the baby’s christening?
Quiz the Bride and Groom
Your wedding quiz questions don’t need to be all about your guests, you can get creative and make them write questions for you. Ask your guests to submit questions at the beginning of the reception and find the right moment to capture everybody’s attention when answering them. For instance, you can reveal the answers throughout dinner, providing an entertaining experience for everyone.
How does it work? The bride and groom quiz each other with the questions you got from guests. It is a fun way to keep everybody entertained and show them how much you put into the wedding. They would love the idea of getting them involved in the celebration, and it will make them feel special.
More Wedding Tips
We hope you found our wedding table quizzes insightful and inspiring. Why not get more inspiration for your wedding by checking out these wedding articles:
- How can you have a wedding without a reception
- How to plan a simple wedding checklist
- How to choose unique intimate wedding venues